Monday 6 April 2015

Crystal Pink Lazer Magneto M1 glasses - REVIEW

So with summer approaching fast, it dawned upon me that I was still using my £10 glasses I bought on ebay a few years ago. Those glasses have served me well throughout the Welsh weather, however, there is only so many times you can take having to stop after every descent to search for the lenses that have fallen out! After searching for a few weeks, I was feeling a bit apprehensive about spending money on glasses that I didn't truly love.
Luckily, my boyfriend knows me pretty well and found that Lazer do crystal pink glasses.. I think it's fair to say I fell in love with them instantly! Here is an image I found on Google to show you: 


The Magneto glasses have been designed to combine comfort and magnets in order to provide personal preferences for all riders. The glasses work well with Lazer helmets, as the magnets can fit onto the helmet straps, making it easier to wear on longer rides. The glasses also come with interchangeable lenses; clear, yellow and a blue/polarised tint. 

 I got these glasses because I loved the colour and design of them, so pretty! I think these glasses would be suitable for any level of rider, they are extremely light and comfortable, which I think is a good asset, as I struggle to wear glasses which feel heavy on my nose (I know I'm odd). The visibility is amazing, the lenses have a large surface area making it easier in traffic, as you cannot see below and above the glasses easily, which I find can distract my view on times with smaller lenses. 
I think the best benefit is how light and big they are! I went out on a 2.5 hour ride and forgot I had them on! The glasses come with magnets and smaller arms to the glasses, possibly for people who do not like the feel of the arms of the glasses resting on their ears. I personally prefer the longer arms, as this is what I've always ridden with and I feel most comfortable with. 

So I bet by now you're thinking "So what's the catch?", I can honestly not think of any major reason why anyone wouldn't love to own these glasses! Some may argue that it is unpractical having to change the lenses to suit the weather, but I don't think it's too time consuming? You could do that whilst munching on your pre-ride banana!  As for the interchangeable lenses, Lazer also do the same model with photocromic lenses which will mean no more changing lenses..happy days! I personally have quite a narrow face, which worried me when I saw the large surface area of the lenses. If you also have smaller features, Lazer also provide a smaller frame for the glasses. However, on riding, I found they were completely fitted to my face and did not slip down or cause discomfort on my face. I wore them on top of my head when I went for a walk and found they did not fall off the top of my head, despite me having to rescue a dog and a child from a river.. I'm pleased to say they passed the test of not falling off! 

So let's discuss where you can get your hands on a pair of these gems. My boyfriend bought me these glasses off a local bike shop called Urban Cyclery/Unity Cycle Works. They sell a range of the Lazer glasses, in a variety of styles and colours if you fancy a browse, along with loads of kit. Urban Cyclery currently sell the Lazer Magneto's for £89.99 which is an excellent price! A few other cycling shops sell the Magneto's, but Urban will be happy to order in any product you may fancy that they source online or have access to :-) 

I thought I'd show you some snaps we took on our ride down Mumbles if I haven't yet convinced you how nice they are. I have my pink Lazers on & Charlie is wearing the Lazer M1s Photocromic glasses which he also finds amazing to wear! (These may be preferred by those of you who don't like changing lenses.)
 I hope you like the review and find it beneficial, best purchase of the year so far for me! I can't wait to put them to the test in the French Alps this summer :-)

I've linked in Urban Cyclery to save you guys some time! They also do a lovely range of women's kit, go check them out!  X 




http://www.urbancyclery.co.uk/
http://www.unitycycleworks.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment